Midland Mainline London to Corby Line
Midland Mainline London to Corby
Client: Network Rail
Contract value: £34 million
AmcoGiffen worked with Network Rail and the principal contractor to plan and deliver OHLE scheme enabling work in a live railway environment. We provided a dedicated planning team fully integrated with the principal contractor, attending weekly meetings, along with a technical expert to support safe systems of working.
We supported the scheme by providing;
- value-engineered solutions through early involvement and providing technical expertise
- permanent and temporary works designs
- innovative plant solutions
We also successfully delivered a programme of design and build ancillary civils, route clearance, fencing and vegetation management, OHLE power troughing and cable route management works for the Midland Mainline L2C electrifications scheme with the sole purpose of enabling overhead line works.
Scope of Works
Capital works and repairs and maintenance along the Midland Mainline, London to Corby line.
The work included various line-side civil engineering minor work, overhead line equipment (OHLE), power cable troughing.
We also completed cable route management including;
· 50km cable management using proprietary steelwork systems
· 180km of RSC and 48 core fibre optic cable
· 45km of lineside vegetation clearance including the provision of associated specialist plant
In addition, we installed more than 91km of steel fencing - class 1, 2 and 3 type specifications, along with under track crossings (UTX's) and OHLE power cable troughing. We were also awarded a second contract for early contractor input for the key output 1A works.
Posted in Rail