Fixed Plant Systems (MEICA) Framework
Covering the region from Merseyside in the west, Hull in the east, Sheffield in the south and Berwick in the north, AmcoGiffen are responsible for the planned preventative and reactive maintenance on over 500 sites.
Historically, the various Environment Agency regional offices have made provision for their own local Mechanical, Electrical, Instrumentation, Control and Automation (MEICA) contracts and frameworks. However, following the public spending review, the Environment Agency explored better ways of working to bring cost effective solutions in the North, which should help to achieve value for money and allow us to work in partnership with our suppliers over the length of this framework.
AmcoGiffen’s Scope of Works
Securing the framework on the back of our previous 4 year contract, we were selected to deliver both preventative and reactive maintenance works across the North of England.
Our further scope of works includes:
- Mechanical and Electrical (M&E) project works up to £3m
- 24/7 365 day call out facility with a 2 hour reactive time
- Plant upgrades
- Maintenance of the current SCADA infrastructure
- Upkeep of real-time records of all maintenance and plant issues
- Planning of all journeys to limit the contract’s carbon footprint
- Investigation and improvement of the sustainability associated with this framework via life cycle solutions
Thank you all for everything that has been achieved… To receive the positive feedback from the communities we’ve been working for…highlights how visible and appreciated your efforts have been.
Continually embracing new technologies and innovative ways of improving project delivery, we have developed a maintenance monitoring software to enable all aspects of maintenance to be completed in real-time.
Hand held PDA’s are used to record all results, monitor safety issues and to assist with site communications. In addition to this, bar-code/QR code readers are being used to identify individual items of plant.
Throughout the framework, AmcoGiffen realised an annual 18% saving in mileage through improved planning of the scheme visits, alongside wider environmental benefits, which equated to a total annual saving of approximately £54,000.
Project benefits include:
- Major flood remediation works
- Carbon footprint reduction for the contract
- Increased community safety and environmental awareness
Further benefits provided by AmcoGiffen:
- A robust and comprehensive understanding of the technical scope
- A strong commitment to around the clock health and safety
- The ability to promptly adjust to project modifications
- A commitment to sustainability and the environment
For further info please contact John Landreth, firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted in Environmental